Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
2. The feathers fitted to an arrow.
3. A fringe of hair on an animal's coat, especially on a dog's leg.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) the plumage of a bird; feathers
2. (Zoology) another word for feathers2
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printing
a. an imperfection in print caused by the spreading of ink
b. the use of additional space between lines in typesetting in order to fill the page
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
feath•er•ing(ˈfɛð ər ɪŋ)
1. a covering of feathers; plumage.
2. the arrangement of feathers on an arrow.
3. a long fringe of hair, as on the legs of a dog or the legs of a horse; feather.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||feathering - turning an oar parallel to the water between pulls|
rotary motion, rotation - the act of rotating as if on an axis; "the rotation of the dancer kept time with the music"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
feathering[ˈfeðərɪŋ] N → plumaje m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005