Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 126 pounds (56.7 kilograms), between junior featherweight and junior lightweight.
b. A boxer competing in this weight division.
c. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
d. A contestant in this weight division.
2. A person or thing of little weight or size.
3. An insignificant person: a political featherweight.
1. Of or relating to featherweights.
2. Unimportant; trivial: featherweight political issues.
a. something very light or of little importance
b. (as modifier): featherweight considerations.
a. a professional boxer weighing 118–126 pounds (53.5–57 kg)
b. an amateur boxer weighing 54–57 kg (119–126 pounds)
c. (as modifier): the featherweight challenger.
3. (Wrestling) a wrestler in a similar weight category (usually 126–139 pounds (57–63 kg))
1. any person or thing that is very light in weight.
2. a boxer or weightlifter intermediate in weight between a bantamweight and a lightweight, esp. a professional boxer weighing up to 126 lb. (57 kg).
3. an insignificant, shallow, or unintelligent person.adj.
4. belonging to the class of featherweights.
5. extremely light in weight.
6. unimportant; trifling; slight.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||featherweight - an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 126 pounds|
|2.||featherweight - weighs 126-139 pounds|
|3.||featherweight - a professional boxer who weighs between 123 and 126 pounds|