Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to federalist: Federalist Papers
1. An advocate of federalism.
2. Federalist A member or supporter of the Federalist Party.
1. Of or relating to federalism or its advocates.
2. Federalist Of or relating to Federalism or Federalists.
(Historical Terms) a supporter or member of the Federalist party
(Historical Terms) characteristic of the Federalists
fed•er•al•ist(ˈfɛd ər ə lɪst)
1. an advocate of federalism.
2. (cap.) a member or supporter of the Federalist Party.adj.
3. Also, fed`er•al•is′tic. of or pertaining to federalism or federalists.
4. (cap.) of or pertaining to the Federalist Party or Federalists.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Federalist - a member of a former political party in the United States that favored a strong centralized federal government|
|2.||federalist - an advocate of federalism|