feeder road


Also found in: Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

feed′er road`


n.
a minor road used to bring traffic to a major road.
References in periodicals archive ?
An eyewitness, Mr Julius Kimani, said that the car was diverting to a feeder road when the accident occurred.
Samuel Danku, has supported the people of Adorfe, a farming community and suburb of Ashant-Kpoeta in the Ho West District, where he personally constructed a two-and-a-half kilometres feeder road and bridge for the community, to help open up the area for effective economic activities which has eluded the Adorfe community over the years.
Tomas was gunned down at Feeder Road 2, Barangay Tibal-og at 11:50 a.m., according to Chief Insp.
During summer, when monsoon wreaks havoc on feeder road that is connected to the school, students have to walk six hours to school from a road point in Logchina.
Reports from the state indicated that the governor was in town at the venue of the political rally as early as 11 am to receive the defectors and presentation of donations of N20 million scholarship to the students of higher institutions, vehicles to party faithful, flagging of feeder road by a member of House of Representatives representing the governor's constituency, Biirninkudu/Buji federal constituency, Honourable Magaji Da'u Aliyu.
42% of the rural feeder road network (50,000 km) are not paved according to standards while the remaining 58% are not even paved, he affirmed.
(LSE: SLI) has completed the purchase of a multi let industrial scheme in Feeder Road, Bristol for GBP 5.27m (USD 6.61m), the company said.
Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony, Erkki Nghimtina, Minister of Works and Transport said, this project is one of the Government's effort to expand the feeder road network to provide access to the rural community in line with the 2015 Millennium Development Goals and Vision 2030.
Wales and West Utilities is installing new plastic gas pipes beneath a feeder road to the Culverhouse Cross junction.
This is the main feeder road into the university for people travelling from Leamington/Kenilworth and their only feasible diversion will be to continue along Kenilworth Road to join the A45 and then exit at Canley which will still be in the grip of major roadworks.
The accident happened on the two-lane feeder road from the M42 southbound on to the M5 northbound at junction 4a.