Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. Admirably suited; apt: a felicitous comparison.
2. Exhibiting an agreeably appropriate manner or style: a felicitous writer.
3. Marked by happiness or good fortune: a felicitous life.
1. well-chosen; apt
2. possessing an agreeable style
3. producing or marked by happiness
fe•lic•i•tous(fɪˈlɪs ɪ təs)
1. well-suited for the occasion; apt; appropriate: a felicitous speech of acceptance.
2. pleasant: a felicitous occasion.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||felicitous - exhibiting an agreeably appropriate manner or style; "a felicitous speaker"|
happy - enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure; "a happy smile"; "spent many happy days on the beach"; "a happy marriage"
infelicitous - not appropriate in application; defective; "an infelicitous remark"; "infelicitous phrasing"; "the infelicitous typesetting was due to illegible copy"
|2.||felicitous - marked by good fortune; "a felicitous life"; "a happy outcome"|
fortunate - having unexpected good fortune; "other, less fortunate, children died"; "a fortunate choice"