retroversion(redirected from femoral retroversion)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A turning or tilting backward.
2. The state of being turned or tilted back.
[From Latin retrōversus, retrorse; see retrorse.]
1. the act of turning or condition of being turned backwards
2. (Anatomy) the condition of a part or organ, esp the uterus, that is turned or tilted backwards
ret•ro•ver•sion(ˌrɛ trəˈvɜr ʒən, -ʃən)
1. a looking or turning back.
2. the resulting state or condition.
3. the tilting backward of an organ, esp. of the uterus.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||retroversion - a turning or tilting backward of an organ or body part; "retroversion of the uterus"|
|2.||retroversion - translation back into the original language; "the teacher translated Latin texts into English which he gave to his students for retroversion"|
|3.||retroversion - returning to a former state|
reversal - a change from one state to the opposite state; "there was a reversal of autonomic function"
n. retroversión, inclinación o vuelta hacia atrás;
___ of the uterus → desplazamiento del útero hacia atrás.