Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to figured: figure out
1. Shaped or fashioned in a particular way.
2. Decorated with a design; patterned: "My dress is richly figured" (Amy Lowell).
3. Represented, as in graphic art or sculpture; depicted.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Art Terms) depicted as a figure in graphic art, painting, or sculpture
2. decorated or patterned with a design
3. having a form
4. (Music, other) music
b. (of a bass part) provided with numerals indicating accompanying harmonies
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. ornamented with a device or pattern.
2. formed or shaped.
3. represented by a pictorial or sculptured figure.
fig•ured•ly (ˈfɪg yərd li, -yər ɪd-) adv.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.