filmed(redirected from filmedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A thin skin or membrane.
2. A thin, opaque, abnormal coating on the cornea of the eye.
3. A thin covering or coating: a film of dust on the piano.
4. A thin, flexible, transparent sheet, as of plastic, used in wrapping or packaging.
a. A thin sheet or strip of flexible material, such as a cellulose derivative or a thermoplastic resin, coated with a photosensitive emulsion and used to make photographic negatives or transparencies.
b. A thin sheet or strip of developed photographic negatives or transparencies.
a. A movie, especially one recorded on film.
b. The presentation of such a work.
c. A long, narrative movie.
d. Movies collectively, especially when considered as an art form.
v. filmed, film·ing, films
1. To cover with or as if with a film.
2. To record on film or video using a movie camera: film a rocket launch; film a scene from a ballet.
1. To become coated or obscured with or as if with a film: The window filmed over with moisture.
2. To make or shoot scenes for a movie.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||filmed - recorded on film; made into a movie; "a filmed documentary"; "the filmed version of the novel"|
recorded - set down or registered in a permanent form especially on film or tape for reproduction; "recorded music"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.