finder(redirected from finders)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to finders: Finders Keepers
1. One that finds: a finder of great hidden treasure.
2. A viewfinder.
3. A low-power, wide-angle telescope fixed to the body of a more powerful telescope and pointed in the same direction for initially locating an object to be observed.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that finds
2. (General Physics) physics a small low-power wide-angle telescope fitted to a more powerful larger telescope, used to locate celestial objects to be studied by the larger instrument
3. (Photography) photog short for viewfinder
4. finders keepers informal whoever finds something has the right to keep it
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that finds.
3. a small wide-angle telescope attached to a larger one for locating objects to be studied.
4. a person or firm that acts as agent in initiating a business transaction.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||finder - someone who comes upon something after searching|
|2.||finder - someone who is the first to observe something|
beholder, observer, perceiver, percipient - a person who becomes aware (of things or events) through the senses
co-discoverer - someone who is the first of two or more people to discover something
|3.||finder - optical device that helps a user to find the target of interest|
camera, photographic camera - equipment for taking photographs (usually consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other)
optical device - a device for producing or controlling light
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
finder[ˈfaɪndəʳ] N → descubridor(a) m/f
finders keepers (losers weepers) → quien se lo encuentra se lo queda
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007