Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to fingerling: fry
1. A young fish, especially one less than a year old and about the size of a human finger.
2. Any of various types of potato bearing small fingerlike tubers.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Angling) a very young fish, esp the parr of salmon or trout
2. a diminutive creature or object
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
fin•ger•ling(ˈfɪŋ gər lɪŋ)
1. a young or small fish, esp. a very small salmon or trout.
2. something very small.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fingerling - a young or small fish|
fish - any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.