Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Netting used to catch fish.
2. A mesh fabric resembling such netting.
3. fishnets Stockings made from such mesh fabric.
1. (Angling) chiefly US and Canadian a net for catching fish
a. an open mesh fabric resembling netting
b. (as modifier): fishnet tights.
1. a net for catching fish.
2. a fabric having an open mesh resembling a fishnet.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fishnet - a net that will enclose fish when it is pulled in|
drift net - a large fishnet supported by floats; it drifts with the current
gill net - a flat fishnet suspended vertically in the water to entangle fish by their gills
landing net - a bag-shaped fishnet on a long handle to take a captured fish from the water
net - a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
seine - a large fishnet that hangs vertically, with floats at the top and weights at the bottom
trammel, trammel net - a fishing net with three layers; the outer two are coarse mesh and the loose inner layer is fine mesh