flea-bitten(redirected from flea-bittenly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Covered with fleas or fleabites.
2. Informal Seedy; dilapidated: a flea-bitten couch.
3. Having a pale coat with reddish-brown flecks. Used of horses.
1. (Zoology) bitten by or infested with fleas
2. informal shabby or decrepit; mean
3. (Zoology) (of the coat of a horse) having reddish-brown spots on a lighter background
1. bitten by or infested with fleas.
2. shabby; dilapidated; wretched.
3. (of a horse) having a light-colored coat with small brown or reddish spots or streaks.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||flea-bitten - worn and broken down by hard use; "a creaky shack"; "a decrepit bus...its seats held together with friction tape"; "a flea-bitten sofa"; "a run-down neighborhood"; "a woebegone old shack"|
worn - affected by wear; damaged by long use; "worn threads on the screw"; "a worn suit"; "the worn pockets on the jacket"