Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
v. flirt·ed, flirt·ing, flirts
1. To act as if one is sexually attracted to another person, usually in a playful manner.
a. To treat something playfully or superficially: flirt with danger.
b. To consider something playfully or superficially: flirted with the idea of opening a restaurant.
3. To move abruptly or jerkily: The cat's tail flirted as the cat eyed the bird.
1. To toss, flip, or jerk suddenly: flirted the lit match to put it out.
2. To cause to move quickly: "He flirted the dinghy round the big ship" (Rudyard Kipling).
1. One who flirts romantically.
2. An abrupt jerking movement.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||flirting - playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest|