flo·tagealso float·age (flō′tĭj)
1. See flotation.
2. Floating objects or material; flotsam.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the act or state of floating; flotation
2. (Nautical Terms) buoyancy; power or ability to float
3. objects or material that float on the surface of the water; flotsam
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
or float•age(ˈfloʊ tɪdʒ)
1. the act or state of floating.
2. floating power; buoyancy.
3. something that floats; flotsam.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.