foliaceous(redirected from foliaceously)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to foliaceously: pemphigus foliaceus
1. Of, relating to, or resembling the leaf of a plant.
2. Having leaves or leaflike structures.
3. Geology Consisting of thin, leaflike layers, as of minerals.
[From Latin foliāceus, from folium, leaf; see folium.]
1. (Botany) having the appearance of the leaf of a plant
2. (Botany) bearing leaves or leaflike structures
3. (Geological Science) geology (of certain rocks, esp schists) consisting of thin layers; foliated
[C17: from Latin foliāceus]
fo•li•a•ceous(ˌfoʊ liˈeɪ ʃəs)
1. of, like, or of the nature of a plant leaf; leaflike.
2. bearing leaves or leaflike parts.
3. consisting of leaflike plates or laminae; foliated.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||foliaceous - of or pertaining to or resembling the leaf of a plant|
|2.||foliaceous - bearing numerous leaves|
leafy - having or covered with leaves; "leafy trees"; "leafy vegetables"
|3.||foliaceous - (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers or strata|