Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
v. fon·dled, fon·dling, fon·dles
1. To handle, stroke, or touch lovingly. See Synonyms at caress.
2. To handle, stroke, or touch sexually and inappropriately.
3. Obsolete To treat with indulgence and solicitude; pamper.
1. To show fondness or affection by stroking or touching.
2. To touch, stroke, or handle someone or something sexually and inappropriately.
[Frequentative of fond, to show fondness for (obsolete).]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fondler - a lover who gently fondles and caresses the loved one; "they are heavy petters"|
lover - a person who loves someone or is loved by someone
|2.||fondler - a molester who touches the intimate parts of the victim; "the woman charged that her jailer was a fondler"; "not all fondlers are sexual perverts"|
molester - someone who subjects others to unwanted or improper sexual activities
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.