footboard(redirected from footboards)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to footboards: Bed frame
1. An upright board across the foot of a bedstead.
2. A board or small raised platform on which to support or rest the feet, as in a carriage.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) a treadle or foot-operated lever on a machine
2. (Furniture) a vertical board at the foot of a bed
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a board or small platform on which to support the foot or feet.
2. an upright piece across the foot of a bedstead.
3. a treadle.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||footboard - a narrow platform on which to stand or brace the feet|
platform - a raised horizontal surface; "the speaker mounted the platform"
running board - a narrow footboard serving as a step beneath the doors of some old cars
|2.||footboard - a vertical board or panel forming the foot of a bedstead|
panel - sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat and rectangular) section or component of something
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.