Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
The numerous lofty, granite towers which mark the several entrances to the subterranean city were all in front of me--behind, the plain stretched level and unbroken to the nearby foothills. I had come to the surface, then, beyond the city, and my chances for escape seemed much enhanced.
1-5) Have reverence for him who needs a home and stranger's dole, all ye who dwell in the high city of Cyme, the lovely maiden, hard by the foothills of lofty Sardene, ye who drink the heavenly water of the divine stream, eddying Hermus, whom deathless Zeus begot.
The party had left the low and marshy land of the true jungle, and were among the foothills, though all about them was dense forest and underbush, which, in reality, was as much a jungle as the lower plains, but was less wet.
So the old Nome climbed the foothills and trudged along the wild mountain paths until he came to a big gully that encircled the Mountain of Phantastico and marked the boundary line of the dominion of the Phanfasms.
But in my game bag was food, and the old house would afford shelter, if shelter were needed on a warm and dewless night in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, where one may sleep in comfort on the pine needles, without covering.
We were swinging along low above the foothills of the Otz.
All that night he forged ahead until, with the dawning of a new day, he entered the low foothills that guard the approach to the fastness of the mountains of Torquas.
The Pellucidarians, who seem seldom if ever to require sleep, joined me in this instance, for we had had a very trying march along the northern foothills of the Mountains of the Clouds, and now with their bellies filled with meat they seemed ready for slumber.
He would spend entire days in the foothills, ostensibly searching for gazelle, but on the few occasions that he came close enough to any of the beautiful little animals to harm them he invariably allowed them to escape without so much as taking his rifle from its boot.
As I said when I began my narrative, when that history comes to be written, this occurrence will surely stand out among all other events like a mountain towering among its foothills. Our generation has been reserved for a very special fate since it has been chosen
You could get the Binu men to accompany you another day's journey, through the grass- lands, but at the first roll of the foothills look for them to turn back.
One man only he found who approved of his project, and that was Ra Vatu, who secretly encouraged him and offered to lend him guides to the first foothills. John Starhurst, in turn, was greatly pleased by Ra Vatu's conduct.
Dictionary browser ?
- Footing beam
- Footing course
Full browser ?
- Foothill Airport Land Use Commission
- Foothill and De Anza
- Foothill Athletic League
- Foothill College Gospel Choir
- Foothill Federal Credit Union
- Foothill Girls Softball League
- Foothill High School
- Foothill High School Model United Nations
- Foothill Municipal Water District
- Foothill Palo Verde
- Foothill Ranch Planned Community
- Foothill Symphonic Winds
- Foothill Technology High School
- Foothill Yellow-legged Frog
- Foothill-DeAnza College District
- Foothills Acoustic Music Institute
- Foothills and Canyons Overlay Zone
- Foothills Area Transmission Development
- Foothills Art Center
- Foothills Asset Management Ltd.
- Foothills Climate Analysis Facility
- Foothills Concert Band
- Foothills Conservancy of North Carolina
- Foothills District Dietetic Association
- Foothills Dressage and Combined Training Club
- Foothills Elementary
- Foothills Energy Services, Ltd.
- Foothills Environmental Learning Center
- Foothills Foundation Quarter Horse Club
- Foothills Growth and Yield Association
- Foothills Habitat for Humanity
- Foothills Indian Horse Club
- Foothills Land Trust
- Foothills Library Association
- Foothills Major Baseball Association
- Foothills Medical Centre
- Foothills Middle School
- Foothills Nordic Ski Club
- foothills palo verde
- Foothills Park and Recreation District
- Foothills Regional Victim Services
- Foothills Search and Rescue
- Foothills Street Rod Association
- Foothills United Way
- Foothills Wanderers Orienteering Club