Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. Abbr. FX
1. Transaction of international monetary business, as between governments or businesses of different countries.
2. Negotiable bills drawn in one country to be paid in another country.
1. (Banking & Finance) the system by which one currency is converted into another, enabling international transactions to take place without the physical transportation of gold
2. (Banking & Finance) foreign bills and currencies
1. commercial paper drawn on a person or corporation in a foreign nation.
2. the process of balancing accounts in commercial transactions between businesses or individuals of different countries.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||foreign exchange - the system by which one currency is exchanged for another; enables international transactions to take place|