forereach(redirected from forereached)
v. fore·reached, fore·reach·ing, fore·reach·es Nautical
To gain on or get ahead of (a sailing vessel).
1. To gain on or go ahead of a sailing vessel.
2. To continue moving forward after taking in sail, as when coming about.
1. (Nautical Terms) (intr) nautical to keep moving under momentum without engine or sails
2. (tr) to surpass or outdo
1. to gain, as one ship on another.
2. to maintain headway.v.t.
3. to catch up with or pass.
Past participle: forereached