formic(redirected from formicly)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Of or relating to ants.
2. Of, derived from, or containing formic acid.
[From Latin formīca, ant.]
1. (Zoology) of, relating to, or derived from ants
2. (Chemistry) of, containing, or derived from formic acid
[C18: from Latin formīca ant; the acid occurs naturally in ants]
1. of or pertaining to ants.
2. of or derived from formic acid.
[1785–95; irreg. < Latin formīca ant. compare French formique]
|Adj.||1.||formic - of or relating to or derived from ants|
|2.||formic - of or containing or derived from formic acid|