Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. for·mu·lar·ies
1. A book or other collection of stated and fixed forms, such as prayers.
2. A statement expressed in formulas.
3. A fixed form or pattern; a formula.
4. A book containing a list of pharmaceutical substances along with their formulas, uses, and methods of preparation.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -laries
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) a book or system of prescribed formulas, esp relating to religious procedure or doctrine
2. a formula
3. (Pharmacology) pharmacol a book containing a list of pharmaceutical products, with their formulas and means of preparation
of, relating to, or of the nature of a formula
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
for•mu•lar•y(ˈfɔr myəˌlɛr i)
n., pl. -lar•ies,
1. a collection or system of formulas.
2. a set form of words; formula.
3. a book listing pharmaceutical substances and medicinal formulas.
4. a book containing prescribed forms used in the service of a church.adj.
5. of or pertaining to a formula or formulas.
6. of the nature of a formula.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
a book or Hst of medicines, with formulas and instructions for their preparation.See also: Drugs
any book of prescribed forms, as prayers, oaths, etc. See also drugs.See also: Books
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||formulary - (pharmacology) a book containing a compilation of pharmaceutical products with their formulas and methods of preparation; "postexposure prophylaxis is an integral part of the pharmacopeia in preventing severe disease after acute infections"|
materia medica, pharmacological medicine, pharmacology - the science or study of drugs: their preparation and properties and uses and effects
book - a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
|Adj.||1.||formulary - of or relating to or of the nature of a formula|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
formularyn (pl -ries) formulario, lista de medicamentos disponibles
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.