Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act of fostering; nurturance or promotion: government fosterage of new technologies.
2. The act or custom of placing a child with a foster parent or parents, especially when practiced as a traditional childrearing method in certain societies.
1. (Law) the act of caring for or bringing up a foster child
2. (Law) the condition or state of being a foster child
3. the act of encouraging or promoting
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fosterage - encouragement; aiding the development of something|
encouragement - the expression of approval and support
|2.||fosterage - helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"|