Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A team of four horses controlled by one driver.
2. A vehicle drawn by four horses.
3. A necktie tied in a slipknot with long ends left hanging one in front of the other.
1. (Automotive Engineering) Also called: tally-ho a road vehicle drawn by four horses and driven by one driver
2. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) a four-horse team in a coach or carriage
3. (Clothing & Fashion) a long narrow tie formerly worn tied in a flat slipknot with the ends dangling
1. a long necktie to be tied in a slipknot with the ends left hanging.
2. a vehicle drawn by four horses and driven by one person.
3. a team of four horses.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||four-in-hand - a long necktie that is tied in a slipknot with one end hanging in front of the other|
|2.||four-in-hand - a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver|