Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Having, permitting, or indicating passage in four directions: a four-way intersection.
2. Having four participants or ingredients: a four-way teleconference; four-way chili.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj (usually prenominal)
1. giving passage in four directions
2. made up of four elements
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. providing passage in four directions: a four-way entrance.
2. made up of four participants.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.