framing(redirected from framings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
A frame, framework, or system of frames.
1. (Building) a frame, framework, or system of frames
2. the way in which something is framed
3. (Film) adjustment of the longitudinal position of the film in a projector gate to secure proper vertical positioning of the picture on the screen
1. the act, process, or manner of constructing anything.
2. a frame or a system of frames; framework.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||framing - formulation of the plans and important details; "the framing of judicial decrees"|
|2.||framing - a framework that supports and protects a picture or a mirror; "the frame enhances but is not itself the subject of attention"; "the frame was much more valuable than the miror it held"|
framework - a structure supporting or containing something