freebase(redirected from freebase cocaine)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
free·baseor free-base (frē′bās′)
v. free·based, free·bas·ing, free·bas·es or free-based or free-bas·ing or free-bas·es
1. To purify (cocaine) by treating its powdered hydrochloride form with an alkaloid solution such as ammonia and then using a heated solvent to separate out the precipitate.
2. To use (cocaine purified in this way) by smoking it or by inhaling the fumes after burning it.
To prepare or use cocaine purified in this way.
Cocaine purified by this method.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Recreational Drugs) slang cocaine that has been refined by heating it in ether or some other solvent
vb, freebases, freebasing or freebased
1. (Recreational Drugs) to refine (cocaine) in this way
2. (Recreational Drugs) to smoke or inhale the fumes from (refined cocaine)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
v. -based, -bas•ing,
1. to purify (cocaine) by dissolving under heat with ether to remove salts and impurities.
2. to smoke or inhale (freebased cocaine).v.i.
3. to freebase cocaine.n.
4. freebased cocaine.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: freebased
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011