Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -men
1. a person who is not a slave or in bondage
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who enjoys political and civil liberties; citizen
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who enjoys a privilege or franchise, such as the freedom of a city
(Biography) Cathy, full name Catherine Astrid Salome Freeman. born 1973, Australian sprinter; winner of the 200m and 400m in the 1994 Commonwealth Games and the 400m in the 2000 Olympic Games
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -men.
1. a person who is free.
2. a person who is entitled to citizenship, etc.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||freeman - a person who is not a serf or a slave|
citizen - a native or naturalized member of a state or other political community
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
freeman[ˈfriːmən] n → citoyen m d'honneurfree market
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995