Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. Free of restraints or rules in organization, methods, or procedure.
b. Heedless of consequences; carefree.
2. Relating to or equipped with a free wheel.
1. (Automotive Engineering) relating to, operating as, or having a freewheel; coasting
2. informal free of restraints; carefree or uninhibited
free•wheel•ing(ˈfriˈʰwi lɪŋ, -ˈwi-)
1. moving about freely.
2. not concerned with or constrained by rules, conventions, or responsibilities.
3. unrestrained; irresponsible.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||freewheeling - free of restraints or rules; "freewheeling foolishness"; "the versatility of his poetic freewheeling style"|
unrestrained - not subject to restraint; "unrestrained laughter"
|2.||freewheeling - cheerfully irresponsible; "carefree with his money"; "freewheeling urban youths"; "had a harum-scarum youth"|
irresponsible - showing lack of care for consequences; "behaved like an irresponsible idiot"; "hasty and irresponsible action"