Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. See freight.
1. (Commerce) the commercial conveyance of goods
2. (Commerce) the goods so transported
3. (Commerce) the price charged for such conveyance. Also called (obsolete): fraughtage
1. goods, cargo, or lading transported for pay.
2. the ordinary means of transport of goods provided by common carriers.
3. the charges for such transportation.
5. Slang. cost; price.v.t.
6. to load; burden.
7. to load with goods or merchandise for transportation.
8. to transport as freight.
[1350–1400; < Middle Dutch or Middle Low German vrecht]
a fee charged for the transportation of goods, merchandise, etc.See also: Dues and Payment
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||freightage - the charge for transporting something by common carrier; "we pay the freight"; "the freight rate is usually cheaper"|
|2.||freightage - transporting goods commercially at rates cheaper than express rates|