Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. Goods carried by a vessel or vehicle, especially by a commercial carrier; cargo.
2. A burden; a load.
a. Commercial transportation of goods.
b. The charge for transporting goods. Also called freightage.
4. A railway train carrying goods only.
tr.v. freight·ed, freight·ing, freights
1. To convey commercially as cargo.
2. To load with goods to be transported.
3. To imbue with a specified element or elements: freighted her words with innuendo.
literary loaded, burdened or charged (with something)