Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, living in, or consisting of water that is not salty: freshwater fish; freshwater lakes.
2. Situated away from the sea; inland.
3. Nautical Accustomed to sailing on inland waters only: a freshwater sailor.
1. (Angling) of, relating to, or living in fresh water
2. (Nautical Terms) (esp of a sailor who has not sailed on the sea) unskilled or inexperienced
3. US small and little known: a freshwater school.
1. water lacking a large amount of salt.
2. inland water, as ponds, lakes, or streams, that is not salt.
1. of or living in water that is fresh or not salt: freshwater fish.
2. accustomed only to fresh water: a freshwater sailor.
3. small, provincial, or little known.
Consisting of or living in water that is not salty: a freshwater pond; a freshwater fish.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||freshwater - water that is not salty|
H2O, water - binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
condensate - a product of condensation