frictional(redirected from frictional acanthosis)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The rubbing of one object or surface against another.
2. Conflict, as between persons having dissimilar ideas or interests; clash.
3. Physics A force that resists the relative motion or tendency to such motion of two bodies or substances in contact.
[Latin frictiō, frictiōn-, from frictus, past participle of fricāre, to rub.]
fric•tion•al(ˈfrɪk ʃə nl)
1. pertaining to or of friction.
2. moved or produced by friction.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||frictional - pertaining to or worked or produced by friction; "frictional electricity"; "frictional heat"; "frictional gearing"|