friendly society


Also found in: Financial, Wikipedia.

friendly society

n
(Banking & Finance) Brit an association of people who pay regular dues or other sums in return for old-age pensions, sickness benefits, etc. US term: benefit society
Translations

friendly society

nsocietà f inv di mutuo soccorso
References in periodicals archive ?
Oddfellows was started in 1810 as a friendly society for workers.
"It is a very friendly society and we have a very varied programme.
Barclays, in tandem with Family Investments Friendly Society, offers - from January 17 - an equity tracker CTF which will follow FTSE100 with 70 per cent of the sum saved, while the remaining 30 per cent stays in a cash fund.
At their AGM,the Glasgow friendly society will also reveal that annual premiums increased by eight per cent to pounds 60million.
Around pounds 39,000 worth of the coins go missing from circulation every day, adding up to more than pounds 14.2 million a year, according to friendly society Liverpool Victoria.
Unit-linked savings plans Friendly society savings (tax free and non-tax free savings)
Instead, he is investing in two tax-free products, an Isa and a friendly society savings plan, a route Alok recommends to people of all ages.
When he was just six months old they opened a children's bond for him with Shepherd's Friendly Society. They put pounds 10 a month into the fund.
The Shepherds Friendly Society (www.shep-fs.demon.co.uk) - even offers treats like parties, outings and Christmas pantos as a bonus.
The Rechabite Friendly Society has launched a funeral plan with competitive rates for those who agree not to drink alcohol.
The Huddersfield Foresters Friendly Society donated the money to the urology unit at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary.