Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to frosted: Frosted glass
a. A deposit of minute ice crystals formed when water vapor condenses at a temperature below freezing.
b. A period of weather when such deposits form.
2. A cold manner or period of disaffection: a frost in diplomatic relations.
v. frost·ed, frost·ing, frosts
1. To cover with frost.
2. To damage or kill by frost.
3. To cover (glass, for example) with a roughened or speckled decorative surface.
4. To cover or decorate with icing: frost a cake.
5. To bleach or lighten the color of (hair) with dye so that some but not all strands are changed in color.
6. Slang To anger or upset: What really frosted me about the incident was the fact that you lied.
To become covered with frost: The windshield frosted up overnight.
1. covered or injured by frost
2. (Cookery) covered with icing, as a cake
3. (Ceramics) (of glass, etc) having a surface roughened, as if covered with frost, to prevent clear vision through it