frosted(redirected from frostedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. A deposit of minute ice crystals formed when water vapor condenses at a temperature below freezing.
b. A period of weather when such deposits form.
2. A cold manner or period of disaffection: a frost in diplomatic relations.
v. frost·ed, frost·ing, frosts
1. To cover with frost.
2. To damage or kill by frost.
3. To cover (glass, for example) with a roughened or speckled decorative surface.
4. To cover or decorate with icing: frost a cake.
5. To bleach or lighten the color of (hair) with dye so that some but not all strands are changed in color.
6. Slang To anger or upset: What really frosted me about the incident was the fact that you lied.
To become covered with frost: The windshield frosted up overnight.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. covered or injured by frost
2. (Cookery) covered with icing, as a cake
3. (Ceramics) (of glass, etc) having a surface roughened, as if covered with frost, to prevent clear vision through it
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||frosted - (of glass) having a roughened coating resembling frost; "frosted glass"|
opaque - not transmitting or reflecting light or radiant energy; impenetrable to sight; "opaque windows of the jail"; "opaque to X-rays"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ (esp US) [cake] → escarchado
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
frosted[ˈfrɒstɪd] adj (glass) → smerigliato/a (esp Am) (cake) → glassato/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995