Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
adj. frost·i·er, frost·i·est
1. Producing or characterized by frost; freezing. See Synonyms at cold.
2. Covered with frost: looked out the frosty windows on the cold, winter morning.
3. Silvery white; hoary: frosty hair.
4. Cold in manner; unfriendly: a frosty look; a frosty farewell.
5. Lacking enthusiasm: The movie got a frosty review.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||frostiness - coldness as evidenced by frost|
|2.||frostiness - a silvery-white color|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
frostiness[ˈfrɒstinɪs] n [smile, manner] → froideur f
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n (of weather, fig, of welcome etc) → Frostigkeit f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
frostiness[ˈfrɒstɪ£nɪs] n → freddezza
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995