fryer(redirected from fryers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a small chicken suitable for frying
Not to be confused with:
friar – member of a Roman Catholic order
Abused, Confused, & Misused Words by Mary Embree Copyright © 2007, 2013 by Mary Embree
fry·eralso fri·er (frī′ər)
1. One that fries, as a deep utensil usually equipped with a basket and used for frying foods.
2. A small young chicken suitable for frying.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) a person or thing that fries
2. (Cookery) a young chicken suitable for frying
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
or fri•er(ˈfraɪ ər)
1. something, as a young chicken, to be cooked by frying.
2. a pan for frying foods.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
2. (= person) → empleado/a m/f de una freiduría
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
fryerfrier [ˈfraɪər] n → sauteuse ffrying pan n → poêle f, poêle f à frirefry-up [ˈfraɪʌp] n (British) plat composé de plusieurs aliments frits à la poêle
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005