funding(redirected from funding a loan)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial.
1. A source of supply; a stock: a fund of goodwill.
a. A sum of money or other resources set aside for a specific purpose: a pension fund.
b. funds Available money; ready cash: short on funds.
3. An organization established to administer and manage a sum of money.
4. funds The stock of the British permanent national debt, considered as public securities. Used with the.
tr.v. fund·ed, fund·ing, funds
1. To provide funds for: funded the space program; a fully funded pension.
2. To convert (short-term government debt) into a long-term or floating debt with fixed interest payments.
[Latin fundus, bottom, piece of land.]
money provided in the form of a fund
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||funding - financial resources provided to make some project possible; "the foundation provided support for the experiment"|
resource - available source of wealth; a new or reserve supply that can be drawn upon when needed
|2.||funding - the act of financing|
finance - the commercial activity of providing funds and capital