Also found in: Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Currency or money that is counterfeit or worthless, or whose value is otherwise illusory.
2. Money from an illegitimate source: funny money discovered in a politician's campaign fund.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Currencies) a sum of money so large as to be considered unreal
2. (Currencies) counterfeit money
3. (Currencies) derogatory foreign currency
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. counterfeit currency.
2. currency of little value, as of a nation whose currency has been artificially inflated or recently devaluated.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.