Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
A section or supplement of a newspaper containing comic strips.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Journalism & Publishing) US and Canadian a section or separate supplement of a newspaper, etc, containing comic strips
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. -ni•er, -ni•est, adj.
1. providing fun; amusing; comical: a funny joke.
2. attempting to amuse; facetious.
3. warranting suspicion; underhanded; deceitful: There was something funny about those extra charges.
4. Informal. insolent; impertinent: Don't get funny with me, mister.
5. curious; strange; peculiar; odd: Her speech has a funny twang.n.
6. Informal. a funny remark or story; joke: to make a funny.
a. comic strips.
b. Also called funny paper. the section of a newspaper reserved for comic strips, word games, etc.
8. Informal. peculiarly.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.