Also found in: Wikipedia.
n. pl. fur·ri·er·ies
1. Fur garments and trimmings considered as a group.
2. The business of a furrier.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -eries
1. (Clothing & Fashion) the occupation of a furrier
2. (Clothing & Fashion) furs worn as a garment or trim collectively
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
fur•ri•er•y(ˈfɜr i ə ri)
n., pl. -er•ies.
1. the business, trade, or craftsmanship of a furrier.
2. Archaic. furs in general.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.