Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. An informal gathering or session for the exchange of news, opinions, and gossip.
2. A long, lively conversation or discussion.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. prolonged gossiping or conversation
2. an informal gathering for conversation
[C19: from gab1 + fest]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a gathering at which there is a great deal of conversation.
2. a long conversation.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||gabfest - light informal conversation for social occasions|
causerie, chin wag, chin wagging, chin-wag, chin-wagging, chit chat, chitchat, chit-chat, gab, gossip, small talk, tittle-tattle
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.