galop(redirected from galopade)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Related to galopade: gallopade
gal·op(găl′əp) also gal·o·pade or gal·lo·pade (găl′ə-pād′, -päd′)
1. A lively dance in duple time, popular in the 1800s.
2. The music for this dance.
[French, from Old French, gallop, from galoper, to gallop; see gallop.]
nAlso called: gallopade
1. (Dancing) a 19th-century couple dance in quick duple time
2. (Classical Music) a piece of music composed for this dance
[C19: from French; see gallop]
gal•op(ˈgæl əp, gæˈloʊ)
1. a lively round dance in duple time.
2. music suitable for a galop.
[1830–40; < French galop; see gallop]