galvanic(redirected from galvanically)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to direct-current electricity, especially when produced chemically.
a. Having the effect of an electric shock: a galvanic revelation.
b. Produced as if by an electric shock: The new leader had a galvanic effect on our morale.
1. (General Physics) Also: voltaic of, producing, or concerned with an electric current, esp a direct current produced chemically: a galvanic cell.
2. informal resembling the effect of an electric shock; convulsive, startling, or energetic: galvanic reflexes.
1. pertaining to or produced by galvanism; producing or caused by an electric current.
2. electrifying; stirring: The speech had a galvanic effect on the nation.
Relating to electricity that is produced by chemical reaction.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||galvanic - pertaining to or producing electric current by chemical action; "a galvanic cell"; "a voltaic (or galvanic) couple"|
electricity - a physical phenomenon associated with stationary or moving electrons and protons
|2.||galvanic - affected by emotion as if by electricity; thrilling; "gave an electric reading of the play"; "the new leader had a galvanic effect on morale"|
exciting - creating or arousing excitement; "an exciting account of her trip"
galvanic[gælˈvænɪk] ADJ → galvánico
galvanic[gælˈvænɪk] adj (Elec) → galvanico/a (fig) (effect) → galvanizzante
a. galvánico-a, rel. al galvanismo;
___ battery → batería;
___ cell → célula ___;
___ current → corriente ___.