Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. The part of the hind leg of a horse or related animal between the stifle and the hock.
2. gaskins Obsolete Galligaskins.
[Probably short for galligaskins.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) the lower part of a horse's thigh, between the hock and the stifle
2. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) the lower part of a horse's thigh, between the hock and the stifle
[C16: perhaps shortened from galligaskins]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the part of the hind leg of a horse or other hoofed mammal between the stifle and the hock.
2. gaskins, Obs. hose or breeches; galligaskins.
[1565–75; perhaps shortened form of galligaskins]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||gaskin - lower part of a horse's thigh between the hock and the stifle|
hind leg - the back limb of a quadruped
body part - any part of an organism such as an organ or extremity
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.