geometrize(redirected from geometrizing)
v. ge·om·e·trized, ge·om·e·triz·ing, ge·om·e·triz·es
1. To study geometry.
2. To apply the methods of geometry.
1. To present in geometric form.
2. To bring into conformance with the laws and principles of geometry.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mathematics) to use or apply geometric methods or principles (to)
2. (Mathematics) (tr) to represent in geometric form
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
v. -trized, -triz•ing. v.i.
1. to work by geometric methods.v.t.
2. to put into geometric form.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: geometrized
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011