Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A domesticated ruminant mammal (Capra hircus) having backward curving horns and a beard especially in the male, raised for its wool, milk, and meat.
2. Any of various wild ruminant mammals of the genus Capra and related genera, including the ibexes and the wild goat (C. aegagrus) of Eurasia.
3. A lecherous man.
4. A person who is blamed for a failure or misfortune, especially a scapegoat.
[Middle English got, from Old English gāt.]
greatest of all time
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. of, like, or relating to a goat
2. archaic or literary lustful or lecherous
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or like a goat.
2. lustful; lecherous.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.