Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Lacking grace; clumsy.
2. Having or exhibiting no sense of propriety or decency.
3. Inferior or clumsy in treatment or performance: a graceless production of the play.
1. lacking any sense of right and wrong; depraved
2. lacking grace or excellence
1. lacking grace, pleasing elegance, or charm.
2. without any sense of right or propriety.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||graceless - lacking graciousness; "a totally graceless hostess"|
ungracious - lacking charm and good taste; "an ungracious industrial city"; "this curt summary is not meant to be ungracious"; "ungracious behavior"
|2.||graceless - lacking grace; clumsy; "a graceless production of the play"; "his stature low...his bearing ungraceful"- Sir Walter Scott|
awkward - lacking grace or skill in manner or movement or performance; "an awkward dancer"; "an awkward gesture"; "too awkward with a needle to make her own clothes"; "his clumsy fingers produced an awkward knot"
|3.||graceless - lacking social polish; "too gauche to leave the room when the conversation became intimate"; "their excellent manners always made me feel gauche"|
inelegant - lacking in refinement or grace or good taste