Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Iron utensils with a mottled enamel resembling granite.
2. Earthenware with a speckled glaze resembling granite.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Ceramics) iron vessels coated with enamel of a granite-like appearance
2. (Ceramics) a type of very durable white semivitreous pottery
3. (Ceramics) a type of pottery with a speckled glaze
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. ironware with a gray, stonelike enamel.
2. pottery with a speckled appearance.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.